Welcome to Ouya Support time with S-Config!
I notice a lot of people come to my site for various support topics for the Ouya and I figured that I should make an article dealing with some of the Ouya Support in terms of troubleshooting issues that were simply too small to exist under one article. These are questions which pop up time and time again in forums as well as on reviewers that decide is a fatal flaw of the console. Just a kind note that your Ouya has a 1 year warranty from the time of your purchase to be sure to keep that sales receipt in case something catastrophic happens to it.
Update 5/16/2015 – The volume of articles I keep writting for this subject is getting rather high and exceeding 10,000 words for a single page. So I’ve decided to break up the articles into individual pages to better serve you.
[quote]Why doesn’t Ouya just say any of this on their site? Why do I have to find this information on some blogger site or forums!?[/quote]
To be blunt it’s bad PR for a console company to admit that there’s some issues that arise. They don’t want to go through every scenario because frankly it scares the hell out of a potential customer of all of the things that could go wrong with a product you are about to buy. Keep in mind that at the time of posting this article is all of the known problems that has been occurring with this system. Some of these problems have happened to my friends while others I experienced first-hand myself. We went out of our way buying broken Ouyas on ebay to find these problems. Not all of these problems will happen to you if you purchase one! This blog entry is almost like a sticky-note of all of the potential problems I have experienced and what was done to take care of the issue.
[quote]What are your credentials for giving support to people with the Ouya Gaming console?[/quote]
None! What information you find here can only be taken at face value and used at your own risk. Although this blogger site is very fond of the console we have no affiliation with Ouya incorporated , Razor or any of its employees.
Core Ouya Support:
- I have to enter my credit card into a new system? This is bullshit! I don’t trust Ouya!
- I put my Ouya to sleep but when I come back to it later it never wakes up. When I press the power button on my Ouya I touched the side and I notice my console is burning!!! OMG!
- My Ouya simply does not turn on. I press the button and no light, no anything!
- I press the power button on my Ouya. It only flashes for a moment. If I press and hold the button it will begin to power up until I remove my finger.
- My Ouya displays garbage/artifacts on the screen the moment I power it up!
- My ouya was working, but after an update I get a power light and nothing on the screen. I think my Ouya is bricked!
- The Ouya’s USB Port feels loose!
- My Ouya looks very low rez and blocky! It’s only displaying at 640×480! I can’t read the text in some of the video games because of how low of a resolution it is!
- My Ouya is stuck in a perpetual update loop or boot loop. It states that it is updating, reboots, and then starts the whole process all over again!
- I can’t install anymore APKs onto internal memory. Yet, it says I have 500MB free space! What gives!?!
- My wireless network connectivity is poor! Menus are too slow to load. It’s impossible!
- It does not recognize my USB device when I plugged it in!
- Bluetooth Issues – Lag, Pairing, and firmware checking.
Third Party Ouya support.
- I rooted my Ouya, but after an update my Google Play stops working! All of my rooted background service stop working! Ouya is blocking what i’m doing!
- I cannot log into Google Play! Everytime I do it attempts to connect and then just hangs out the loading page!
- XBMC v12 Frodo for Ouya will not play MP4video files! It behaves like its going to play the audio only of the film but does nothing!
- XBMC/Kodi is reporting the wrong time on my Ouya and I can’t change it inside of XBMC! I want it showing the right time! How do I set the right time on my Ouya?
- What about the Mini USB port being used as a OTG cable for more devices?
- My usb hub does not work with the Ouya!
- Ouya does not automatically find the new Bluetooth device I just purchased for it!
- The solution you described for bluetooth pairing does not work on PS3 controllers!
- What about Xbox360 Controllers?
- I tried a GameStick controller on my Ouya, I was able to pair it up manually. But it doesn’t show a player assignment on the Ouya Menu. Is it broken?
- What about hooking up keyboards and mice to play on the Ouya?
- Install Cyanogen CM11 on your Ouya to achieve stable google play and Kodi v15 support.
- De-Install Cyanogen off of your Ouya and restore firmware to factory default.
- Correct the Kodi Jarvis on screen display bug by disabling hardware overlay.
- Ouya Anywhere installation guide and bug report.
Closing statements for Ouya Support:
This article is by far not over and is subject to change and/or additions depending on what going on with the state of Ouya Support .
A note to those reviewers who are looking for testament that the Ouya is a bad console because of this article.
- XBox classic Christmas Lighst of death (red to green to red again!)
- ALL – DVD rom drive failures! Some more then others!
- XBox 360 Red Ring of Death
- Sony PS3 early gen flashing amber light of death due to poor ventilation in the fat models.
- Sony PSP-2000’s very easily breakable power switch.
- Nintendo Wii overheat while asleep causing ATI chip to burn out also just like the Ouya NVRAM issues can occur as well.
- Nintendo Wii Non-volitile ram failure loosing all save data rendering console useless.
Even though it’s very rare for an Ouya to fail. You can’t single out the Ouya and say it’s a terrible console due to its hardware failures without first recognizing the past of the video game industry. That consoles which have had hundreds of millions of dollars poured into them have also had similar failures as well. The Ouya is a success because they met their Kickstarter Goal and they delivered a product (Everything after that admitting is terrible company decisions that have nothing to do with the hardware) . In light of that you must also acknowledge that anything that is ‘new’ is bound to have some bugs and software glitch issues. To me the Ouya served it purpose. Even if the Ouya servers were to disappear off the face of the earth I would still be happy with my side-loaded apps
This sucks! I didn’t find the answer I was looking for on your page!
Keep in mind this is just a personal blog. Our apologies if you didn’t find what you are looking for and we understand its frustrating to troubleshoot problems with any hardware that is supposed to entertain you. The only this site can offer to you is links to some other places you could go that has more people and possibly more answers for you and hope that you find what you are looking for.
- OuyaForum – It’s linked on the Ouya homepage as the official forum but it is all run by volunteer moderators. Many of them have seen it all and have had their Ouya since the Clear dev-kit versions! Although it’s a little tough to seach the forums it is a great place to start.
- Ouya – You can go to their support section and hear it directly from the company itself. They may have a solution for you and if not you can open a ticket with their helpdesk.
Server protect you, and don’t die.
END OF LINE+++