Privacy Notice locked and loaded.. Lets go!
This page exists because as of 05/25/2018 entire countries need their governments to behave as net nannies! Instead of downloading ad-blocker and joining a VPN like the rest of the world is doing right now. It’s also those very governments that want to spy on their people because those very governments are getting a little jealous that Newsweek of all people is doing a better job at knowing what their citizens like better then they do! The GDPR is a goose step into a darker Orwellian future that you guys will probably pay for dearly later. However, after this paragraph i’m done bashing onto creatures which cannot understand what freedom of speech even means and get right into why we made our privacy notice.
The only reason why we’re not taking a complete piss on the GDPR is that we care about you the users. We don’t require government mandates to prove it either! For those which have read my previous article “You think this site is hacking you?” we know first hand how word of mouth alone could destroy a website and was looking for some method of structure to define to you the end user what it is that we do here for you. So here we are with a privacy notice! Lets dive in and answer the questions of how we handle data here at www.s-config.com .
Who are you?!?
We are blogger organization hell-bent at running an isolated server on the internet to the best of our abilities. That if all of the data a blogger makes is in one location you will know exactly where to go. Simple and elegant that way. Our content is what you read. Our revenue stream is none of your concern just that you only need to know we make no money on the site or the data provided here. Our identities are that we’re a 5 foot 8 Inch or 1.72 Meter Anthropomorphic Asian Bear Cat and really that’s the best answer you will get out of us. Respect is a two-way street you see. We try our hardest to respect privacy for the end-users and readers and in return those people respect the privacy of the site-admin writing this. To our readers and users we thank you for understanding this.
To the governments that want compliance and to give absolute transparency to where it isn’t earned. Fuck you!
Information a visitor provides on this site.
We collect information only when the user provides said information to this site. The information given to us even if used as a form of documentation and is not enforced! As it may compromise the readers and users real-life existences! In fact, we encourage anonymity so long as the content within is respectfully delivered.
Glossary of information types:
This is quick run-down on some of the terminologies we will be using as the types of information that could be captured by using our site.
- Technical Data – This is in reguards to the type of computer you are using such as Operating Systems, Browsers, and other features that may or may not be available for our web-site to use.
- Alias/Name – The name to which the end-user wishes to be referred to by. Kindly note that these can also be aliases and any name which has any real-life reference is purely coincidental.
- E-Mail – This is your electronic mailing address required during any form of communication.
- Geo-Location – This is the location of the IP address assigned to you by your internet provider.
- Content – The body of text that the user submits to the server.
Points on this website were data is exchanged between end-user and site:
- Leaving comments – WordPress CORE function – When a user leaves a comment we collect the comment the user provides. The alias name to which they wish to go by. Finally, an E-Mail address which they are not required to provide or answer truthfully. The E-Mail entry only exists if the end-user wishes to know if someone responded to their comment so they can be automatically notified. E-mails collected are not used for marketing purposes and are destroyed from the WordPress database 30 days after receiving the comment. A notice checkbox has been enforced after 05/25/2018 notifying them of what happens when they smash that submit button.
- Contact Us. – WordPress Pirate forms Plugin – All information such as the content, alias names, and e-mail addresses is all sent out of WordPress immediately upon submission and is collected at an E-Mail server for our review. No active database of users contacting us resides on the WordPress framework at this time. All E-mails are typically answered within 48 hours and will usually be deleted in 30 days after receiving them. Any E-Mail containing malicious or criminal activity will be forwarded to law enforcement immediately. No physical mailing addresses to this server or FAX numbers will be posted as its an unnecessary expense to have communications from the dark ages. A notice checkbox has also been enforced within the plugin informing the user of these changes.
- Spam Protection – WordPress Askimet Plugin – As a necessary evil IP-based geo-location and the content may be analysed by a third party plugin in order to determine if the content that is being sent to our servers is legit. This occurs when key words that spammers use are triggered within the content of the text. If determined as spam the content is then destroyed daily with extreme prejudice.
- Website logs – Apache WebServer Core – As it is common for every installation of Apache Web-Server logging is enabled on our server which may contain technical data about your computer and Geo-Location of where a user exists within the world down to their internet node. These logs are cycled out monthly and are used only for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes.
How we use visitor information:
The only thing we care about is making sure that the website is running. Thus, we will look at the Apache logs to see if there is anything going on that we should be made aware of. Beyond that we do not use your information beyond the topics discussed on our site! In fact, we go out of our way in deleting things like E-mail addresses so that in the event of a major website hijack and the WordPress database was somehow compromised they won’t get a whole lot out of it! Your information will not be sold, or rebroadcasted beyond the maintainers of this web-site.
How we share user information:
- Public – Anything that the user comments on in a public blog is, you guessed it! Public! Fucking mind blown on that one huh?
- Legal – If a search warrant within our country has been issued we will comply. Copyrights and Intellectual properties shall be handled on a case by case basis. In general, the records of our database are not open to the public and unless there’s some serious legal issues going on you do not have the right to see anything beyond what the average user sees.
- Third Party Vendor – Although incredibly rare Third Party Vendors may be brought into the site to analyse if a plugin or a commercial application is failing. Their data is limited to just debug and log files.
- Business Transfers – Going into crazy town. If this site is transferred to another entity that entity shall receive full access to everything that is produced here. a 30 day notification will be placed in the even that occurs.
- Death – In the event of real life death of the operator this site along with user interactions will be destroyed immediately by the data center which is hosting our server. As it should. No automatic transfer of ownership has been signed at the time of this article.
For further questions about how this site operates. Please refer to our FAQ which contains a variety of questions that have been asked of us throughout the years. For those which think that this page is mind-numbing obvious. We feel you bro!
Server protect you.