Binary files are protected from hot-linking.
Hello denizens of the internet! You are probably wondering why are you seeing this page instead of that magical download file button aren’t you? You have receiving this page instead of the binary because external web-sites, forums and YouTube content creators are trying to hot-link to files on my site while taking credit for hosting them. If you are the 3rd party which made the link. Here is what you can do to correct the problem:
- You could link to the blog containing my binary in an effort to give bloggers like us credit for hosting the file. If you link to the blog and your readers click on the download in that blog. They will receive the file!
- You can download and host the binaries themselves through whatever freeware mal-ware infested pay-per-click based hosting service there is.
- If you DO care about your readers/subscribers like we do; You could host your own binaries by paying for a hosting service. Many of the binaries i mention in blog articles are not owned by us. They exist simply as a convenience for others who visit my blog articles.
To any readers seeing this page we apologize for not giving you the binary but these actions are necessary as we are blog. Not a file distribution service.
NOTE: In the event you are seeing this page even after visiting one of our articles containing binary files. Contact us! as it may be a security error with the site.
Read on if you want to know more of the technical details as to why we have to do this. Read the FAQ if you want to know more about what this site is.
On 2/22/2016 – We received an e-mail stating that the Dropbox account is now suspended due to high traffic bandwidth. We looked at the metrics of this site and found that the traffic has been unchanged for months. So proceeding to google and looking up how many websites had hot-links just the binaries of this website and there’s tons of YouTubers out there which were obviously too lazy to setup their own Dropbox account and instead simply hot-linked to my account for their users to go ahead and download everything from.
Corrective action taken to resolve broken link issues:
- Dropbox links will be deleted. I’m not even going to bother reinstating the account so YouTube
assholes“Content Creators” can continue to get download links for their channel.
- Links to binaries will be locally hosted and with anti-leech protection enabled. I didn’t want to do this, but the internet has left me no choice in this matter.
- Blog entries with binaries hosted will be redirected accordingly.
We will attempt to list the blog articles which contain binaries accompanying them.
Furthermore on broken links:
I encourage people to share my blog entries for artwork or any tutorials that I have on this site. What I do not encourage is people using my web-space as their own to take credit for or to give a user the illusion that the file maintenance and upkeep is done completely by them when in fact the files hosted are coming from this website.
If you want to download anything off of my site, be sure and visit the downloads section if it is something that was created here. Also, be sure and check out the blogs and guides section for any binaries that are linked to anything that was discussed here. Or simply go to the main menu to check out some of my articles and art.
Finally, do not forget about the search bar both in the footer and there’s a icon on the top of this site as well. Typing the binary name will more then likely get to to the article where you can download the binary.
Thank you for understanding and may server protect you.
END OF LINE+++