My attempt at a Sergal picture that was done as a quick Paint tool Sai test. As well as a render job I did in Lightwave for the background art . It was mostly an experiment from an earlier sketch that I decided to color all together. So I was not expecting anything too ground breaking here.
This Jimbi sketch is one of the quick things I did and was the first page in my 2013 sketch book. I’ve decided to try something a little different by using a different program for coloring called ‘Paint Tools Sai’ Which has a lot of features that I simply could not find in Photoshop.
It’s not often I do gift art for people. Mostly because people tend to come and go a lot. But Spectra and Tikaani wanted something nice for their first anniversary. With my limited art skill. I gave it what I could. I printed two copies out with them signed just in case. Anyhow, I thought it would be worth while to post this up here into my art section.
Currently, I just have a reference sheet done of my new badger character. clothing and more detail will come eventually.This is something I was working with and decided that perhaps a badger would be a better species set for me. Who knows. The model sheet with done entirely in photoshop using a %10 pressure soft-pen to emulate pencil and finally using the smart-brush for inking via mouse. this took a good day to complete. Not one of the fastest for a badger, but it’s something i wanted to be accurate one. It’s also the icon I use on FurAffinity whenever I still go on there.
Mr. Viverredae was a project I wanted to try something different; And decided to draw a Binturong (Viverredae animal kingdom family) in an anthropomorphic form. It’s such a strange creature from Asia. Anyhow, here it is complete with lightwave backdrop of exploded city behind him!
Hellcat was another bit of a production I did in mid 2000’s trying to focus more of coloring and style. once again, from a profile sheet to poses sketch out to the final creations colored in Photoshop and rendered in Lightwave. This one I spent a bit of time on as it was one of my characters for the longest time in the 90’s. A lot of drawsings I could not calculate how long it took me. But I do know the background that was rendered out in LightWave took about 7 hours to do because I had it rendering at 600dpi.
Epic is another color picture from my portfolio. This time a human! Yes, I know! I do draw them. Not as often as I should though. Epic was done with PhotoShop and lightwave 6.0. It was a little experiment to play with reflection in the background as well as an attempt to add some balance in my portfolio. This area will show from start to finish what I did on this one.
Falling down is another color picture I did and for the time was one of the longest render scenes I did in Lightwave due to all of the reflections going on. Processed about a week on a pentium 2 300mhz. and the colored later in photoshop.
Lizard vs. Parrot -The first attempt of 3-d and 2-d art.
Not much data was left to post of the progress of this picture except for the fact that this was one of my first attempts at hybrid artwork. That is with hand-drawn characters in the foreground with 3-d rendering in the background. Total time to render was approximately 4-5 hours on a Pentium II 400Mhz processor. Lizard fighting parrot action!